The purposes of the CJDSA Board shall include but not be limited to:
1. Promoting an atmosphere of community and sociability for the welfare of students in the Criminal Justice Doctoral Program;
2. Representing the interests of and establishing and enacting policy for students in the Criminal Justice Doctoral Program;
3. Ensuring student representation on all Criminal Justice Doctoral Program standing committees and Graduate Council and hearing reports of those student representatives;
4. Facilitating professional development of Criminal Justice doctoral students by providing necessary resources and support and fostering connections with program alumni; and
5. Undertaking other initiatives as needed and as decided by the students to improve any aspect of the program in which students have a rightful role.