In talking to students at the Wellness Festival, I heard a few people stress how helpful they found having the student-recommended doctor list. This list, found here, includes MDs, physical therapists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, dentists, and other doctors that students have gone to and had good experiences with; many are NYSHIP covered (though you should check and double check this before making an appointment! Coverage can change), but those who are not are often willing to work with sliding scales or cut GC students a deal.
Some helpful constituents have recently suggested PTs and gynecologists, who I have added to the list as well.
But I’m looking for more GC students willing to share their knowledge. Have you had a positive experience with a doctor, clinic, NP, or other medical practitioner that you would like other GC students to know about? Please use the contact form linked at the right side of this page.
- Psychologists/psychoanalysts/other mental health providers (this one particularly! We have a very limited list, currently).
- Acupuncturists, chiropractors, PTs
- Nurse practitioners (who are now covered by NYSHIP because of ACA)
- Doctors outside the NYC area, for those students living in NJ, Philadelphia, and other places.
- LGBTQ-friendly practitioners
- Specialists in various fields as well as general practitioners
- Alternative kinds of practitioners
- Any doctors that you think GC students would benefit from knowing about.
If you note any outdated/inaccurate information on the page as well, please let me know so I can update the page.
In health! Charlotte