The Wellness Festival is arranged and organized by the fabulous Ashley Chastain in Public Health: the DSC’s contribution is free massages for students ($10 faculty/staff with ID) as well as a free giveaway. Come by the DSC table on Tuesday for the giveaway and to chat about health and wellness concerns.
PLEASE JOIN US FOR OUR
ANNUAL WELLNESS FESTIVAL
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
10:00 am—4:30 pm
CUNY Graduate Center
**NEW SCHEDULED EVENT: Chair Yoga with Urban Yoga Foundation at 2:00pm (30 min duration)**
Events/services include (detailed description of all services attached):
- acupuncture · nutrition & “eating on the go” info
- vision screenings · chiropractic care and ergonomic solutions
- rapid HIV testing · Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP)
- dental health assessments · breast and testicular self-exam information
- massage therapy* · blood pressure testing
- mental health resources · guided & self-guided meditation**
- diabetes prevention info · New York Road Runners (NYRR)
- asthma screening · Charles B. Wang Community Health Center
- information on navigating health insurance(i.e. NYSHIP, Family/Child Plus)
… and more!!!
Services are FREE* and open to all GC*** students, faculty, and staff!!
*Like last year, massage therapy (sponsored by DSC Health & Wellness) will have scheduled slots throughout the day, which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis—from 11:00am for the morning slots and from 1:00pm for the afternoon slots. The sign-up sheets (for specific times) will be available inside Room C198. A valid GC ID is required. Student appointments are free; faculty and staff appointments are $10. Many thanks to the DSC for providing funding to have this service available!!
** Email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register for guided meditation or chair yoga (registration not required for self-guided meditation)
*** Including all schools under the CUNY Graduate School and University Center (CUNY J-School, etc.)
The Wellness Center and the Doctoral Student Council
For more information, contact the:
Student Health Services
365 Fifth Ave, Room 6422
Follow us on Twitter @cunyGCwellness
Download (PDF, 267KB)
Download (PDF, 754KB)