Student-Led Workshop Grants
STF Grants for Student-Run Software Training Workshops
Beginning in the 2013-14 academic year, a portion of the Student Technology Fee has been set aside to meet the training needs of students using discipline-specific software [for example, Atlas.ti in the Sociology program; SALT in the Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences program], or even more commonly used softwares like Citrix and social media tools. Since IT personnel do not always possess this knowhow, this set of grants will fund student instructors to run software training sessions. Grants will be awarded throughout the year on a rolling basis.
Sessions can be 1 or 2 days long, for at least 2.5 hours; be for a single program or address student needs across the GC. Suggested rate is $100/hour for the instructor. Thus, instructors will be paid at least $250 per day, and up to $500 for a 2-day training. Irrespective of the number of attendees, student instructors will also be reimbursed for the preparation undertaken for the session at a flat rate of $100 for the initial offering of a given topic.
To apply for a STF grant, please send in the following details to technology (at) cunydsc (dot) org and cc firstname.lastname@example.org with Tech Fee Workshop Grant as the subject of the email.
- Software/topic to be taught:
- Number of students expected to attend:
- Room reservation: DSC rooms [5414, 5409 and 5489] are available for students. Use the online booking system here. Approval notifications will be sent via email. Computer classrooms and the MAC lab on the C-Level of the library can also be booked through IT.
- Participating program (s):
- Number of days of training to be provided [1 or 2]:
- Additional Comments:
Please note that the DSC will assist student instructors in conducting outreach for their workshops across the GC and the wider CUNY community.
Applicants will be notified of the DSC’s decision in a timely manner.
- DSC is working with IT to create updated procedures for reimbursements.
- In the meantime, please create an invoice and send it to email@example.com. Thanks for your patience with this process.
For any questions, please email the DSC Steering Officer for Library and Technology (technology (at) cunydsc (dot) org) and cc dsc (at) cunydsc (dot) org.