Please submit proposals for technology initiatives by Friday, February 8th in order to receive feedback from the DSC and share it with the student body at the DSC Plenary on February 15th. Final proposals will be reviewed by the Graduate Center Student Tech Fee(STF) Committee, which is a multi-stakeholder group of students, faculty, and administrators. The STF Committee will vote on expenditures for the 2018- 2019 STF budget and submit it to the University President for her approval.
In the past, the STF Committee has reviewed a broad range of technology initiatives. You may also refer to the suggested proposal structure, see below, although adhering to it is not mandatory. Please keep in mind that the STF Committee will only consider technology initiatives/proposals that provide direct and immediate benefits to students in unique and concrete ways.
Please see below for past ideas submitted as technology initiative proposals:
- Access to additional support in foreign language acquisition in the form of the Rosetta Stone program or another effective alternative
- Access to qualitative data analysis software for the humanities and social sciences in the form of Provalis
- Access to licensed software for language sample analysis and accessible system of transcription, such as SALT (System Analysis of Language Transcript)
- Increased access to hardware in the form of a GC satellite computer lab with 8-10 computers
Proposals should be submitted by February 8th, 2019 as an email attachment sent to Marlene N. Ramos at email@example.com. Final proposals will be submitted to Elaine Montilla at firstname.lastname@example.org (deadline tba).
Please think broadly, and feel free to make proposals that would close technological gaps within the GC. If you have any questions, please contact the DSC Officer for Library and Technology (email@example.com).
Suggested Structure for Student Tech Fee Proposals
Project Title/Technology Request:
Person Responsible for Project/Technology Request:
Graduate Center Affiliation(s):
- Student Services Affected and Estimated Students Served:
- Project Description (including equipment lists, technical requirements)
- Major Project Objectives
- Budget Justification (Please include a budget where possible)
- Potential Vendors (if available, attach quotes and website links)