Dear OpenCUNY Participants,
We are hiring a new OpenCUNY Coordinator for Education & Support. Applications are due by May 2 to email@example.com. Read and download the full position notice below. If you have any questions about this position or about OpenCUNY, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Announcement from the Doctoral Students’ Council
OpenCUNY Coordinator for Education & Support
Applications due: May 2, 2016
The OpenCUNY Academic Medium was formed in early 2008 to provide student organized, open-source, social media for the The GC community. OpenCUNY (www.opencuny.org) advocates on behalf of Graduate Center students and provides access to a free and open source digital media platform.
The new Coordinator for Education & Support will start on July 1, 2016, and be paid an annual stipend of approximately $6300 through monthly stipends. The OpenCUNY Coordinator stipend can be combined with other graduate stipends and fellowships without issue. Applicants must be matriculated Graduate Center students and participants of OpenCUNY.org with web development experience relevant to WordPress.
The open position of Coordinator for Education & Support shall be responsible for:
- serving as primary liaison to OpenCUNY participants, including intake of requests;
- conducting workshops, creating support materials, and identifying relevant external support materials;
- promoting OpenCUNY;
- analyzing existing usage of OpenCUNY, with the aim of improving participant experience.
The successful applicant will work with the Coordinator for Planning & Development and the Coordinator for Organizing & Action on the following:
- facilitating communication and decision-making among the OpenCUNY Board,
- performing maintenance on the digital medium, including theme and plugin updates, bug checks and troubleshooting
- administering participants’ accounts and requests
- ensuring the reliability of the medium and adoption of open standards, and
- ensuring that all activities of OpenCUNY are in compliance with the OpenCUNY Terms of Participation and DSC Constitution and Bylaws.
It would be swell if you also had the following:
- strong back-end and network administration experience with WordPress, preferably multisite
- experience with or willingness to learn server-level operations, e.g. cPanel, MySQL, WHM
- a collaborative work ethic and ability to work efficiently asynchronously
- desire to engage groups within The GC, other CUNY campuses, and the greater NYC Community through the planning of events
- dedication to building and preserving support structures and institutional memory
If you have any questions about this position or about OpenCUNY, please email email@example.com.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, and one-page descriptive list of digital projects and experience, by May 2, to Amy Martin, DSC Co-Chair for Student Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org.