Dear OpenCUNYers –
As many of you know, the DSC plenary recently approved the hiring for a third coordinator. The new Coordinator for Organizing & Action will join the existing two coordinator positions to provided better support for our participants in the upcoming academic year, and to expand the scope of OpenCUNY’s current activities.
NOTE: Since these positions are paid via stipend, they can be combined with any GC fellowship without issue.
Doctoral Students’ Council’s OpenCUNY
Applications due: May 7th, 2013
The DSC seeks candidates for the following open positions at OpenCUNY:
- Coordinator for Planning & Development
- Coordinator for Organizing & Action
OpenCUNY advocates on behalf of and provides Graduate Center students access to free and open source digital media, with attention given to the CUNY-wide free and open source digital media situation and its relations with Graduate Center students.
Each new coordinator will serve from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014, with the possibility of reappointment, and be paid an annual stipend of approximately $6300, which is paid in monthly stipends throughout the year.
Applicants must be matriculated Graduate Center students with web
development experience relevant to WordPress.
The open position of Coordinator for Planning & Development shall be
- publicly maintaining an updated Terms of Participation and policies;
- ensuring meetings of the OpenCUNY Board;
- performing system upgrades and plugin/theme installation in consultation with the Coordinator for Education & Support;
- assessing developments in free and open source software, with the aim of identifying new services to offer.
The open position of Coordinator for Organizing & Action shall be
- serving as primary liaison to other DSC affiliates, as well as the DSC Steering and Executive Committees;
- developing, extending, & integrating action-oriented media within the OpenCUNY medium;
- fostering connections with organizations who share OpenCUNY’s mission;
- coordinating and conducting on-site documentation of activities related to OpenCUNY’s mission and scope.
The two successful applicants will join Maggie Galvan (Coordinator for
Education & Support) and together will be responsible for:
- facilitating communication and decision-making among the OpenCUNY Board,
- performing maintenance on the digital medium, administering participants’ accounts and requests, • ensuring the reliability of the medium and adoption of open standards, and
- ensuring that all activities of OpenCUNY are in compliance with the DSC Constitution and Bylaws.
Please indicate for which position you are applying. If applying both positions, please address this in your cover letter. Forward CVs and cover letters to Eero Laine, DSC Co-Chair for Student Affairs by Tuesday, May 7th, 2013: email@example.com