The New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP), Student Employee Health Plan, can be insanely confusing. Our NYSHIP pages aim to demystify your benefits and coverage, and help you to avoid or deal with any problems that may come up when using your insurance.
Check out the Navigating NYSHIP presentation below,
created for the joint DSC Health & Wellness / Adjunct Project
NYSHIP Student-led Workshop
- Who provides which service? Most doctors have never heard of NYSHIP—that’s because your benefits are administered for NYSHIP by a variety of different service providers. We’ve got a full breakdown of which company handles which benefit.
- Student-Recommended NYSHIP Providers: NYSHIP health providers that your fellow grad students have tried out and loved!
- Have a NYSHIP provider to recommend? Found a great provider in the NYSHIP network? Let your fellow grad students know!
- Avoiding the pitfalls: Find tips to help you avoid incurring unexpected costs and negotiate your way around NYSHIP difficulties—plus info on what to do if you get a surprise bill or need help with disputing a charge. And, if you’ve got any tips of your own that you’ve discovered, we’d love to know!
- Eligibility, signing up, & premiums: Details for students joining NYSHIP in the future.